Easy Ways to Transform your Bathroom into an Oasis with Purpose – Home Improvement Blogs
(BPT) – Have you dreamed of transforming your bathroom into a spa? The latest trends in home renovation focus on spa-like luxury: turning a bathroom into a soothing oasis where you can discard the cares of the day and pamper yourself.
But, most consumers can get lost trying to combine spa-like luxury with everyday functional needs. On top of that, a total bathroom makeover can be costly and time consuming. Instead of tearing up your whole bathroom, consider these easy, cost-effective DIY options to make your space more inviting and more functional.
Use trusted design principles
Professional designers consider pattern, color and lighting as major elements to set the mood of any room. If your bathroom is more stressful than soothing, step back and consider the space in terms of these elements:
- Color Palette: If you have a patterned shower curtain, towels, wallpaper and tiles, you’ve created too much stimuli for the eye. Instead, select calming colors to design your space around, such as shades of blue, green or neutrals like white or light gray. And if you prefer a more standout look, pick just one statement color.
- Featured Accessories: A new shower curtain, towel and a fresh coat of paint adds a feeling of cleanliness that does wonders for the look of your room.
- Lighting: While you want bright lights around the mirror for freshening up, find ways to reduce light with a dimmer switch or alternative lighting for relaxing.
Upgrade your hardware
An easy DIY upgrade of your faucet or shower head can change your everyday bathroom experience. Pro tip: when you’re ready to select these pieces, look for faucets and shower heads that incorporate technology for more functionality in the bathroom.
The In2ition® Two-in-One Shower from Delta Faucet combines its shower head and hand shower in one so you can use both together or separately in a variety of spray patterns, perfect for a relaxing shower one moment, and washing your dog the next.
“Anyone can install this shower head easily, even if you’ve never done any DIY before,” said Kelsey Kinniry, Delta Faucet associate brand manager. “And it will instantly make a huge difference in your daily shower experience.”
The In2ition combined shower head and hand shower provides maximum flexibility and coverage, creating a more relaxing shower experience, while also making washing children or pets easier.
The Touch-Clean Spray Holes make it easy to wipe away calcium and lime build-up. While other faucets gather unsightly mineral buildup over time, soft rubber spray holes allow residue to simply be wiped away for an instantly refreshed look — with no need for soaking or aid of chemical cleaners.
Best yet, the In2ition Two-in-One installs easily in minutes — just screw on the new shower head to your existing shower arm, making it homeowner and renter friendly.
Select a few luxury touches
Transform your bathroom into a spa and stick to your budget with a few special touches. Any details that are easy on the eyes and make the room feel special will add value.
Try some of these ideas:
- Extra-plush towels or bath mats
- Fragrance diffuser with a calming scent, like lavender
- Towel warmer or heated towel rack
- Plants that thrive in a moist environment, such as orchids
- Bundle of fresh eucalyptus attached to the shower head
With these tips, you can help your bathroom become the relaxing, soothing oasis you’ve always dreamed of having. Find more inspiration at deltafaucet.com/blogs.