Warm and welcoming, these farmhouse kitchen ideas are filled with beautiful design details with a mix of old and new for an aesthetically appealing look. Such details include apron front sinks to reclaimed wood, open shelving, patterned tiles, painted cabinetry, white shiplap walls, and touches of vintage and antique.
The appeal of the farmhouse style aesthetic is that it is simple to re-create, whether it’s a new build or a renovation project. You can start small, whether it be painting your cabinets, or adding a vintage table or island, and work your way up to adding tile or shiplap backsplashes, exposed wood beams on the ceiling, and reclaimed wood on the floors.
Have a look below to discover some amazing ideas on how to create the perfect farmhouse kitchen as the heart of your home. It will be the one room in your home that your family and friends will want to hang out in after putting together such a warm and inviting space.
Tell Us: Which one of these farmhouse kitchen ideas do you find most inspiring and why in the Comments below!
1. Blue and White. This stunning farmhouse kitchen idea features lower cabinetry in white oak paired with white upper cabinets and blue accent cabinets, including the island. The steel hood is custom-fabricated, along with the wood beam light fixture overhead. Additional highlights include the steel and mesh cabinet panels, brass and bronze hardware, La Cornue French range, concrete island countertop, and engineered quartz perimeter countertop. (via Ridgecrest Designs)
2. Farmhouse Kitchen Repurposed Island. The gorgeous kitchen island of a Miami, Florida home is an antique butcher block. Additional highlights include chiseled edge concrete countertops, stainless steel backsplash, a DCS gas range, open shelves, and a farmhouse sink. (via 2id Interiors)
3. Patterned Backsplash Tile. A ranch house in Oregon features this beautiful kitchen with white quartz countertops, a patterned cement tile backsplash, white cabinetry, a light wood island, and stainless steel appliances. (via Northland Design & Build)
4. Old Countryside Charm. A historic countryside home in New York features this classic white kitchen with blue painted cabinetry on the island with interior curtains. The beams are reclaimed barn wood, while the ceiling is a whitewashed maple. The countertops are Carrara marble. The kitchen and eating area are 20′ X 20′-8″. (via Crisp Architects)
5. Industrial Rustic Vibe. The pot rack/light fixture is Troy Lighting – Brunswick – F3798 in Aged Pewter finish. The backsplash is Culpepper thin brick veneer sourced from General Shale. (via Geschke Group Architecture)
6. Unique Island Design With Shelving. The island paint color is Benjamin Moore – London Grey and the kitchen perimeter cabinets are painted, Baltic Grey. The Island top is Quartz – London Fog and the other countertops are Granite – Honed Absolute Black. The brand of the pulls is Jeffrey Alexander – Belcastel pulls. (via Thomas Built LLC)
7. Custom Kitchen Range Hood. This black and white kitchen features a custom steel hood, black stone countertops, and a white marble backsplash. The pendant light fixtures above the island are the E. F. Chapman Darlana 6 Light Foyer Pendant, Aged Iron. A glass display showcases a wine collection, ideal for entertaining. (via Bauer Metal)
8. Eye-Catching Backsplash Tile. The cabinet hardware came from Schaub. They are the Menlo Park Oil-Rubbed Bronze Pulls and Knobs. The kitchen island and hood are White Oak, finished with linseed oil and half gray glaze. The backsplash tile is Enchante Charm with 90 Light Pewter Grout from Tile Collection in Pineville, NC. (via New Old, LLC)
9. Open And Inviting Kitchen. This updated New England farmhouse kitchen features reclaimed pieces and fixtures that match the rest of the house while also breathing new life into the space. The perimeter cabinets are painted in Labrador Blue 1670 – Benjamin Moore. The countertop material is Pietra del Cardosa (natural – a schist) with the edges mitered to 3″ thick. The walls are painted in Classic Gray 1548 | Benjamin Moore. (via Kristina Crestin Design)
10. White And Wood. This modern farmhouse kitchen of a home in Utah features a pair of large matte black pendant lights from The Home Depot above the island along with beautiful two-tone cabinetry. The island chairs are the Passion Wicker Counter Stools from Peachtree Fine Furniture. (via Lindsay Hill Interiors)
11. Barn Style Kitchen. A barn renovation in Middlebury, Vermont features this rustic farmhouse-style kitchen. An industrial-style island on wheels can be moved around for convenience. The countertop is Heathermore slate from Sheldon Slate, while the cabinets are alder. The floor is a concrete slab with radiant heat. (via Joan Heaton Architects)
12. Vaulted Ceiling. This gorgeous kitchen with a soaring ceiling features mushroom-colored cabinetry and handmade zellige tile. (via Amethyst Home)
13. Library Ladder. This fresh vintage farmhouse-style kitchen has a large island and distressed black leather counter stools that compliments the light hardwood floors throughout this space. The island is 110″L x 41.75″D. (via Trove Warehouse)
14. White With Wood Tones. This farmhouse kitchen reflects the perfect balance of light airiness with the warmth of the wood. The gorgeous light fixtures over the island were sourced from Circa Lighting. (via Picture Perfect House)
15. Industrial-Farmhouse Inspired. The island is made with reclaimed wood and has raw steel posts that make up the end gable of the 20-foot by 4 1/2-foot island. The drawer pulls were sourced through Scott Landon Antiques. The countertop is Caesarstone 4003 Sleek Concrete. The door is an original barn door that was purchased along with the mounting hardware through Scott Landon Antiques. The light fixtures were also purchased from Scott Landon Antiques. The hood was a custom piece fabricated by a local steel supplier. The backsplash tiles are Tabarka Terracotta Tiles and are approximately a 2″x8″ brick tile used together with the Mini Arabesque. (via District 309 Design Studio)
16. A Barn Style Kitchen. This beautiful entertainment kitchen in Memphis, Tennessee overlooks a lake and opens to the porch. See the rest of this fabulous home here: Take a peek inside this gorgeous entertainment barn in Tennessee. (via Norris Architecture)
17. A Library Ladder. The ladder in this kitchen is convenient for accessing the upper cabinetry used for storage. The light fixtures over the island are from @shadesoflight. The hood was custom made out of reclaimed wood preserved from the renovation of this home. The refrigerator is a Thermador. The ceiling height is 11’3”. The reclaimed flooring is natural with a matte poly coating. (via @atashleysplace)
18. A Vintage Vibe. Brimming with repurposed finds, this kitchen of a home in Indiana features galvanized farm funnel light fixtures. For the kitchen island, the sign was spotted in the back of their 1900’s barn and integrated into the island design. (via Gridley & Graves Photography for Country Living)
19. Antique Charm. In this time-worn kitchen, a warm blend of natural materials takes center stage. The countertops are Carrara marble with crisp white cabinets. Replacing the traditional kitchen island is a large farmhouse table set in front of a brick-clad fireplace for warmth and ambiance. White oak beams span the length of the ceiling, while the flooring is tumbled slate tile. (via Ann Vanderwiel Wilde for BHG)